Thursday, October 28, 2010

Vintage Sewing Cabinet Before and After!


Last week I found this beauty on Craigslist. My husband thought I was crazy, I made him ride with me over to pick it up. He has learned to go with the flow of my craziness though. I have been looking for something small to keep in my mudroom. With winter approaching I keep feeling the need to get organized.

Oh yeah, those are totally cherubs on the front. Nice don't you think?!
I sprayed the whole thing (including the inside) with American Accents Heirloom White (my go to spray paint color). After several coats, I decided that this cute little cabinet needed something more.
So I Modge Podged (my first ever attempt) some of Stampin' Up!'s Elegant Soiree Designer Paper on the top and the drawers. I kept the original hardware, gold really isn't my thing but I thought they were still fitting.
Since the cabinet is wider than 12 inches I had to piece the papers together to make them wide enough and added an accent piece.
I then took some of Stampin' Up!'s taffeta ribbon and Modge Podged it in the grove around the top.

So excited that this project turned out! Have to say that it is $25 well spent in my book at least. I am now throwing around the idea of making it into a charging station for our phones, ipod, and camera. However this would require my cousin coming over to put a new outlet into my mudroom.....hm...I bet I could get him to fix a few other things. :)

Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I love the paper and that little table is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This little table turned out perfectly! A much better improvement - I especially like the paper you used on the drawers.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive