Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas Luminary: Medallion Style

I had a request for one of my workshops in November to make a Christmas Luminary. The hostess had attended a workshop where I did a Halloween Luminary was so excited to have one of her own. So here it is!
I do want to take a quick moment and welcome Bethany (the hostess who received this Christmas Luminary) to the Dream Big. Stamp Often. Team! I am exited to have her as the newest member of my Stampin' team! Welcome Bethany!
Here are the details.
Using Ridinghood Red I ran 2 pieces cut to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 thru the Big Shot using the Top Note Die. I folded these pieces in half before I ran them thru (I ran them thru one piece at a time) I then took 4 pieces of vellum cardstock using Versamark I inked up the Medallion background stamp and stamped. Next, I took my Stampin' Pastels and a sponge dauber to color the stamped image. I did this on the backside of the vellum. Finally, I attached the vellum to the cardstock and attached the two pieces together.

For a bit more snaz, I added some 1 1/2 inch striped ribbon, rhinestone, and shimmer spray.
Here is the final shot all lit up. Love it! I also love the idea that you can change the colors to match your decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment