Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Heavy Metal: Metal Flowers and Frame

I attended a Holiday Expo last week and came across this great magnetic frame using Stampin' Up! paper and Flower Folds Die so.....
I HAD to buy it for my office! I have forgotten the lady's name that made it but I will add that later (I forgot to bring her business card home today). Oops.
She simply took metal (another SU! demo tells me metal flashing) ran it through the big shot using the flower folds die and other dies. Spray painted the metal, or maybe she sprayed the whole sheets first. Then after it was cut out she used embossing folders and ran it back through the big shot. Next she sanded the "hills" in the metal to distress it. Attached with glue, add magnet, & viola. Side note: She makes the ceramic center piece herself.
Here is the side view of the organizer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive