Friday, August 13, 2010

Holiday Plate Project

My Cousin Mary and I have been working on a plate project for quite a while. Actually, we talked about it for about a year and then thought about it some more, then finally got to work on it this spring.
A few years ago at convention I believe it was Carrie or maybe Shannon, showed a plate project. For each holiday you would have a different "plate front" that you would put out. I filled that idea away in my brain until I ran across a group of girls that made some at a crop. They proudly showed their plate and my cousin exclaimed "we have to do that". So we are!!

Here are a few of my favs so far. We are working in order of the Holidays or activities as they come up. We are stuck for Labor Day though. Anyone have some great ideas?



Yep, that is Kiwi Kiss that you see on the St. Patrick's Day Plate. I LOVED this color and thought I would use it on this project even though it is retired. I also included orange on my plate to include Northern Ireland in the celebration. To make the shamrock, I simply used the large heart punch and joined the points together.
Father's Day: My hubby is an avid motor-cycler. There is always at least one bike in our garage if not 2 or 3. I should add that he is not a "Harley" rider so the dirt bike stamp had to do, even though he sold his dirt bike a few days before Father's Day. I used Tiny Tiny Greetings for the Happy Father's Day Stamp.
Ohhh, I LOVE the beach. Since we only live about 30 min from the shores of Lake Michigan we are able to visit there a lot in the summer. I even visit in the winter.... :) Something about the beach. Yes, this great shell stamp set is retired but I keep it around because SU! doesn't have a replacement for it yet. When they do, I'll try to part with it. I used natural cardstock and stamped in Basic Black. Then I used my aquapainter to watercolor the shells. Easy to do & looks oh so beachy.
If I'm not at the beach I'm at my pool!!! When we moved several years ago, I searched and searched for the perfect house (or as close as I could get) with a inground pool. Well, worth it I think! So this plate is because it's Pool Time! I used products from the summer mini (can you tell which ones) and my big shot to make the flower and the letters.

Thought I would share how it all goes together. All I did was put 2 velcro tabs on the plate and then the opposite sides on the back of the plate front. Stick them together and you are all set!

1 comment:

  1. I just popped over from Stampin' Connection - these are so wonderful. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive