Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Quilt Square




As, I've said before I do not consider myself a quilter, I wish but I'm not. Yet. Seeing all the great quilt ideas using the big shot inspires me to learn though. This quilt square comes with a story though: At SU! leadership, Shelli the co-founder shared how she was inspired by all of the quilting ideas out there. She then told us that she, herself, went and picked out fabrics and a bunch of Kanab, UT ladies made us each a quilt square. I guess you could say straight from Utah with love! The lucky ladies that made this for all the lucky leadership demonstrators work at the Stampin' Up! manufacturing plant in Kanab, instead of making stamps they were sewing 1,000 quilt squares.
My quilt square was made with the star die. To make the flower, cut out the points of the star and turn the points inward instead of outward like a star. Confusing? Maybe, in the future I will have to show a step by step, once I learn how to quilt! :)

Also, check out the cute apron Shelli made with one of the square. Hmm, got to get out that sewing machine.

5 Point 3-D Star - by Stampin' Up!Scallop Circle #2 Bigz Die - by Stampin' Up!
Click on the dies above for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment